It must be March, it must be cold and wet!
After being spoiled last month with a spring sunshine week and even dust, within days the cold,damp and miserable weather returned in March will few windows of dry weather. Storm Gavin this week hasn’t helped. Dave and team worked hard immediately following the last meeting with the good weather to get the track relayed and packed in but ever since it has been all four seasons and when it had rained it has been torrential. Whilst the track is very wet, a couple of drying days would give us a chance for Sunday which ironically is forecast to be bright albeit chilly
The last 2 weeks has seen considerable rain fall.
Therefore, we have had to, very reluctantly, and with heavy heart, make the difficult decision to postpone Sunday 17th based upon the forecast to come!
We have had more overnight rain into this morning and, from Friday lunch until early Sunday morning a combination of non stop heavy and light rain and sleet is predicted and all forecasters are consistent on this.
Therefore at this point in the season and with big meetings in April we must weigh heavily on the conditions and the longer term affects in getting the track re instated.
With a fantastic entry of 150 plus cars entered and the fact we need the revenue be assured this is a blow for us as a promotion but not new, shale and weather are poor bedfellows.
This meeting WILL be re arranged to a later date in the second half of the season.
It is our aim to advise in a timely manner to minimise disappointment. We are not the only ones affected, Mildenhall cancelled practice last Sunday and Saturday 16th Northampton has been cancelled for similar reasons NB - Since 7.30.am this morning, Sunday's forecast has changed from dry to showers for bulk of the day!
We apologise and in the interim our next fixtures are Sunday 24th Belle Vue and Saturday 30th Stoke SATURDAY 30th sees OLD SKOOL UNLIMITED BANGERS - 1600cc BANGERS - BriSCA F2 Stock Cars - Startrax Hot Rods - 1300 Saloons - UK Modifieds